[nas-2000] Re: Where can i find any sources of 2.6 kernel for Storlink?

  • From: "Mikle Davidkin" <skylord@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:35:35 +0400 (MSD)

> unfortunately it's not available to the public, it's MontaVista linux
> kernel
> (www.mvista.com) - a 2.6 kernel with many patches for embedded devices. i
> don't think you can download it for free.
> tinky also uses the kernel that is available in original firmware.
OK, thank you for your answer... But it's strange that GPL licensed kernel
2.6 is not available in sources as 2.4... BTW, all sources of 2.4 kernels
for NASes can be downloaded from net.
So, i'll start my work from 2.4 kernel. StorLink site says that hard drive
speed is the same in 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. But may be 2.4 better suits for
embedded devices because of it size and etc...