[nas-2000] Tinky on DUAL NAS as original firmware addon...

  • From: Paolo Scaffardi <paolo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:22:41 +0100

Hi there!
I tried using Tinky with my DUAL HDD NAS IDE. Then i replaced the kernel with the original NAS kernel (taken from last MRT Communications image) to enable USB and second IDE channel, too. I had to create device nodes (mknod /dev/hdc* + /dev/hdd*).

But the software seems not to complete the mounting of the second hard disk, even if i format it with diskutility. It always tells me: "the format is complete. wait until.. blah... blah... blah...". And nothing is mounted nor more shares available. On the linux box i see a mounted /mnt/ide3 folder (not /mnt/IDE3).

It seems the sausalito software cannot handle this second channel correctly.

Now, instead of investigating how to fix Sausalito... i'm evaluating the possibility of customize our NAS original firwmare and adding the Tinky part you added to your original firmware.

Are your patches available as separate packages?
What did you exactly to patch the firmware?
What partitions did you change?

If sauslito was built different around for every NAS, this seems to be the only way to add Tinky changes to our NAS... :-(

Bye bye,
Paolo Scaffardi
msn: paolo@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: pscaffardi