[nas-2000] Re: Switching on when power up

  • From: Codebotcher <codebotcher@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:02:49 +0200

Hi Ralf,

I haven't had a closer look at the switch yet, but I could imagine that
it is just a simple little push button. As a cheap and dirty solution
you could use a miniature relay in series with an electrolytic capacitor
attached to the DC power supply of the NAS. When the power is
(re-)attached to the NAS, the capacitor is uncharged and will let some
current flow through the relay which closes the circuit of the power
switch. The relay will be closed until the capacitor is charged. The
higher the capacitance the longer it will take. I don't know if you have
some components in your toolbox, but I would start experimenting with a
12V miniature relay and an electrolytic capacitor with 4700 micro farad
or more. Granted, this solution is not very sophisticated, but you don't
have to take care of the power switches' potential or other limitations.