[nas-2000] Segmentation faults

  • From: Ralf Keimer <ralf.keimer@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:30:54 +0200

Hello List,

I have a NAS2000 Hardware Revision B (as told by the WebInterface),
which was originally equipped with Version 1.1.1 Firmware of Raidsonic.

As described in the Wiki, I upgraded to tinky-2.3.2-mu-01,
tinky-2.3.2-mu-02, tinky-2.3.2-mu-02.1 respectively and encounter some

The Upgrade process went (apparently) ok. I can login with ssh, can
setup everything in the webinterface, but when I copy Data to the drive
I get interrupted connection and sometimes I can't reach the NAS via
ssh or anything else (even ping to NAS IP not working). Just a reboot is
helping to restore everything.

I logged in via ssh and did some looking and sometimes the nas is
locking up or starts to "misbehave". E.g. normally doing a ls -R lists
all files recursivly but after a while it just lists the first 10% then
ends with a segmentation fault.

I'm working on a linux (Suse10.0) machine connected to the nas over a
linksys router.

So here are my Questions:
- Is anybody else encountering these problems? If no, which hardware
        revision are you using?
- Has anybody done a successfull upgrade from version 1.1.1 to
- Can somebody give me a hint how to test wether the installed firmware
is ok? (the checksum of the tinky package was ok)

All in all I'm suspecting a hardware error, but want to make shure.
Every Hint is appreciated.

Greetings Keimix

Ralf Keimer
Braunschweig - Germany