[nas-2000] Re: RE : Compiling programs for NAS

  • From: Phill Harvey-Smith <afra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:48:11 +0000

Samuel BURG wrote:

"checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu"

should be :

"checking target system type... arm_920"

as you want to build for ARM (the nas cpu
architecture), not for x86 (your PC i686 cpu

Yep that's what I want, however looking at the downloaded build environment, and a bit of experementation...., it looks like I needed

./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=armv4tl-hardhat-linux

as arm_920 was barfing saying something like unrecognized architecture !

I also needed to add PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/arm-linux-toolchain/bin to the root .bashrc so that configure could find the tools needed to build the executables.

Which I am now pleased to say is working WooHoo, after I copied across a couple of the libraries I needed (libm and libutil).

Perhaps the wiki should be updated to reflect this..... :)

ask your ./configure script for availaible arch using
sometinhg like ./configure --help

Yeah I tried that but could not figure out which combination of --host
--target etc I needed :)