[nas-2000] Re: Poor performance ?

  • From: Julius Loman <lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:04:06 +0200

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 01:37:46PM +0200, Julius Loman <lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:13:05PM +0200, Aurel <massman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can you give us the FTP speed levels as well for information?
> ftp is ok (but was not working out-of-box, beacuse of unknown directive
> in configuration file)
>
> measured on 100MB file with wget: 6.92M/s
further testing gives me slightly better speeds when i mount the share
on my linux laptop with cifs instead of smbfs (about 2.9 MB/s)
when accessing from windows, it is the same as with smbfs (1.7MB/s)

could you guys post your smb.conf you have on your nas ? i haven't
touched mine yet, but i want a comparision - just to be sure

--

[ Julius Loman ][ lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx ][ http://lomo.kyberia.net ][ icq:35732873 ]