[nas-2000] Poor performance ?

  • From: Julius Loman <lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:20:42 +0200

Hi everybody

I'm using tinky-2_3_2-mu-02.2 and I've got quite poor throughtput via
SMB, only about 1.4MB/sec upload to NAS and about 1.9MB/sec download.

When doing download/upload operations - top shows me that smbd is eating
~95% cpu and i receive many software interrups (si value in top is
~34%).

Do you have such poor throughtput as well or do I have some shitty
piece of hardware ? (Maybe slower CPU than you ?) I expected a lot more.

FYI - dma is turned on and I didn't measure performance with original
firmware, because I've overwritten it with tinky in the same hour as the
box arrived.

Here is my cpuinfo:
Processor       : FA52Xid(wb) rev 1 (v4l)
BogoMIPS        : 69.83
Features        : swp half thumb
CPU implementer : 0x66
CPU architecture: 4