[nas-2000] Re: Performance SMB vs FTP

  • From: Tom Haukap <warz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:34:24 +0200

Julius-

thanks for the answer. So I see that 's not worth much to further dig into
this problem. So I start to be lucky with these values :)

Yes, while doing SMB operations the box is under heavy load. Reaction time
in telnet are very very slow.

Sorry to ask: What is the difference between SMB and CIFS? Or di you meant
NFS?

Regards,

Tom