[nas-2000] Re: OpenVPN Server

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:40:44 +0100

Hey,

codebotcher@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Flip,
>
> I now managed to install all files so that they "survive" a reboot. Also I
> have been able to adjust the server.conf file of OpenVPN to the NAS
> requirements and a simple startup-script is also under way. I built the
> required keys and certificates on my linux box and copied them to the new
> configuration folder. So far so good...
>
> Now I have hit a problem which I cannot overcome. It seems that the kernel
> module for the TUN device is missing, which is required for OpenVPN. Can you
> give me a hint on how to build / get it?

If i remember right its staticly compiled into the kernel.

try:

brctl addif <bla>
brctl addbr <blub>

As far as I know you have to do:

- start eth0 in promisc mode 0.0.0.0
- create a br0 bridge
- create a tun0 interface
- add eth0 and tun0 (virtual interface) to br0
- configure tun0 with your default values you usualy use for eth0.

Hope you have a serial cable ;-)

Otherwise you'll have to script the steps above and debugging will be a
pain.

Good luck
--
flip