[nas-2000] Re: NAS2000 freezes and cannot set quota

  • From: "Alfred Bruckner" <alfred.bruckner@xxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:48:12 +0100

the "NAS2000 freezes" issue seems to be solved.
I glued a small heatsink on each of the memory chips on the pcb and turned
on the fan at slow speed.
To reduce the noise to a acceptable level I put a diode in series to the
fan. That reduces voltage about 0.7V.
Now the disk is louder than the fan.

The quota problem is still there - any ideas?

I have a NAS2000 with the latest firmware 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1
I am using XP an have crated a samba share with ext3 file system
There are some users defined

1. The box locks up sometimes when transferring files (large ones?).
No access possible through serial or ssh.

In some threads I read that it maybe could be a temperature problem. So I
switched on the fan. Now it's accessible for one day but it's not working
Sometimes some oplock_break messages appear in the log - like the one below:
"request_oplock_break: no response received to oplock break request to pid
3252 on port 1127 for dev = 302, inode = 13287432, file_id = 219"

2. I cannot use the quota settings - the web interface only allows me to set
a value less than 2!!

Any ideas what to check/configure