[nas-2000] Re: NAS2000 dead

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:22:34 +0200

Hi again,

Grega Kovac wrote:
> Hi Phillip
>
> again it was like you said... after rm -rf i was able to get to the
> webadmin :) i finally succeeded to get the darn thing running.
>
> but the hits just keep on comming.
>
> I'd like to update Ramdisk and Applications like i did the tinky

have a look at this:
http://nas-2000.org/mwiki/index.php?title=2.x_firmware_flash.layout_as_seen_from_/dev/mtd&oldid=56

than you will understand that the ramdisk and application are parts of
the full fw-bin file

> (setting the ip etc.) but i can't get to the bootloader anymore. Again i
> followed the instructions in the readme file but 192.168.2.71
> <http://192.168.2.71> is no longer working (or am i missing something).
> and i do have 2.x firmware (at least that what webadmin says).
it is not http ...
fire up the windows tool <> or use arping and telnet make sure you use
port 9000 and really important make sure your pc is in the same network
or you have defined a virtual interface like "ifconfig eth0:nas
192.168.2.10 up" ;-)

--
flip

> Is it neccessary to update Ramdisk and Applications or is this optional?
> what is gained with the update of those two modules? and why can't i get
> to the bootloader.
see the link