[nas-2000] Re: NAS2000 dead

  • From: "Grega Kovac" <grega.kovac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:22:14 +0200

Hi Phillip

again it was like you said... after rm -rf i was able to get to the webadmin
:) i finally succeeded to get the darn thing running.

but the hits just keep on comming.

I'd like to update Ramdisk and Applications like i did the tinky (setting
the ip etc.) but i can't get to the bootloader anymore. Again i followed the
instructions in the readme file but 192.168.2.71 is no longer working (or am
i missing something). and i do have 2.x firmware (at least that what
webadmin says).

Is it neccessary to update Ramdisk and Applications or is this optional?
what is gained with the update of those two modules? and why can't i get to
the bootloader.

thanks for your patience and help!

Grega

On 6/26/07, philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Grega,

Grega Kovac wrote:
> Dear philipp
>
> this was really helpful. As you said my NAS set the IP to 192.168.1.1
> <http://192.168.1.1>.  when i changed the IP on my computer i got to the
> webadmin page of the NAS (Eureka!!).
>
> Now i have another question/problem: in the howto it says: When reaching
> the Webinterface remember the standard Password for "admin" is "admin"
:-)
Yes this is a known bug fron sausalito all you can do is reset the nas
or run "rm -rf /system/usr; rm /system/ImageInfo" after login in with
ssh and then reboot.
Until now I have not understood why this happens sometimes ?!?!

After doing this you'll have to format the nas again via the webgui.

Have fun

--
flip

> well it doesen't work :)
> I have tried it a million times but it still says: invalid username pr
> password.
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
> thanks a lot!! Grega
>
> On 6/22/07, *philipp Wehrheim * <flipstar@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:flipstar@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Grega,
>
>     Grega Kovac wrote:
>     > hi @all
>     >
>     > I am getting more and more desperate here :)
>     >
>     > I updated the original 1.1 firmware to tinky 2_3_2-mu-02 and
>     everything
>     > went well till the last step here you press 1 to start up the NAS.
>     The
>     well you will always lose the connection at this point since the
>     bootloader != linux kernel
>     > NAS got stuck at that point and then i read that i should have
deleted
>     > the partition. I shut down the NAS, connected it to USB and
>     deleted the
>     > partition in XP. The next step was to turn NAS back to network and
>     You only have to delete your HD if you already had on older version
>     of tinky installed ...
>
>     > nothing happened. I was not able to find the NAS on any means
>     described
>     > on the Wiki page.
>     If you boot the nas with no ethernet cable connected it will get the
>     default ip-ad. 192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1> ...
>     >
>     > I tried to telnet to redboot again and had no luck. It seems like
>     my NAS
>     > is dead. Please advice me how to proceed and what to do to make it
>     work
>     > again.
>     You may want to try
>     http://nas-2000.org/download/tools/IcyBox_FlashStart/
>     <http://nas-2000.org/download/tools/IcyBox_FlashStart/>
>     this tool makes it quite easy to catch the bootloader from
>     a windows pc.
>
>     >
>     > thanks for your effort and have a nice weekend!
>     >
>     > Grega
>     However if you can't catch the bootloader you had bad luck.
>     If you can connect to the bootloader ether reflash
>     or let the nas boot (3-4 min) and then press the reset button on the
>     back for more than 5 sekonds this will delete all your settings but
NOT