[nas-2000] Re: NAS problem

  • From: Codebotcher <codebotcher@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:37:52 +0100

Hi Flip,

before I throw in my two pennies worth, I wanted to thank you for the
great job you are doing and the priceless support you are giving. I
really appreciate it!

Let's come back to your question what has happened to the stuff listed
below. Well, the openvpn package is still sitting half-cooked on my NAS.
I started searching for all the required libraries but had to call it
off, since there are unfortunately other things in the world than
playing around with some fancy techie gadgets. (Here it is family and
work, but in a different order. ;-) )

At the moment it seems that I can start the openvpn manually from the
command line, but I'm not familiar with the linux system of the NAS, yet.

Where do I have to put the liblzo.* files to make sure they survive a
reboot. At the moment I'm putting them manually from you archive folder
to /usr/lib.

Where would you recommend to put the openvpn binary to make it
persistant? is the /system/hddapp/bin a good place for it?

Is /system/hddapp/etc/ the right place to put the openvpn configuration
files and /system/hddapp/etc/rc.d the right folder to put the
startup-scripts?

Hope to get there eventually....

Cheers,

CB