[nas-2000] Re: Kernel sources

  • From: Julius Loman <lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:24:53 +0200

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 05:55:28PM +0200, philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Julius,
>
> the .config wount help you a lot because the
> Storelink arm cpu is not in the mainline Kernel
> If you download (http://raidsonic.de/de/pages/service/driver.php)
> the stuff from raidsonic even throug its the 2.4 Kernel and
> run make menuconfig for the kernel you will see
> there is a entry for sl23... which you won't find
> in the kernelsources from kernel.org.
>
> Which iptables modules are you interested in?
just filter and masquerade/nat modules would be very useful for me, i
would like to use my nas as a gateway. i know it's silly to run ip from private
subnet and public ip on the same network interface, but it is possible.

currently i have one cable modem, kiss player, nas and a laptom at home.
cable modem does not have any nat capabilities and i would like to use
internet from kiss player and nas without turing on my laptop and i dont
like  to buy just another device to do nat for me

--

[ Julius Loman ][ lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx ][ http://lomo.kyberia.net ][ icq:35732873 ]