[nas-2000] Re: Kernel compilation... and accessing flash within kernel...

  • From: Felix Mellmann <mellmispam@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:29:00 +0100

try "cat /proc/mtd"
You should get the content of the flash as a list. Each given file can be read through /dev/mtdX (where X is the number of the image).

Paolo Scaffardi schrieb:

About NAS flash i read that same GPIOs are used to access flash, usb and IDE/SATA controller. That's why (i suppose) there's no way to access/upgrade the flash within the kernel on NAS firmwares. I exepected to find a jffs2 partition, like other similar platforms, but nothing. I expected to have a flashcp or mtd_info utility, but nothing. Upgrading the flash partition only at startup is a very BAD system to work with a dynamic firmware/platform, like our could be.