[nas-2000] Re: JTAG, no connection to nas

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:42:50 +0200

Hi Nils,

Nils Potthoff wrote:
> Has anyone used the JTAG Port on the nas-1000?
> I've updated my nas-100 with tinky. After that ssh was running an i tried to
> change
> configuration, after a broken connection i cant log in as root and couldn't
> su from
> other users. The next time there ich co way to connect to the hardware, even
> the telnet
> connection to the boatloader (arping -f; telnet
> 9000) is no
> longer working.

The idea with JTag is really interesting but I havent build a jtag
adapter jet so I cant recomment anything.

You may want to build a serial adapter first which is streat forward
you will find the pinlayout here (http://flipsta.net/myfaq).
I used a data-cable (USB) for a S25 mobilefon.

Anyway have you tried the reset button on the back of the nas
after the nas has booted (2-3 minutes) make sure you press it more than
5 sec.