[nas-2000] Re: Installation of a change root environment on the NAS-2000

  • From: Codebotcher <codebotcher@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:03:02 +0200

[..]

>> Here comes my first question: How do I restart the nfs-server manually?
>
> /usr/hddapp/etc/rc.d/S??? restart (start/stop)

Great. The locations of the run-up scripts are kind of confusing on
these embedded system things. %-)

>> When this step was finished I tried to link the portage profile. Here my
>> second problem arose as I couldn't find the 'usr/portage' folder in my
>> new_root directory. Which package do I have to install to get this profile?
>
> make sure to first run emerge --sync!!!

I found 'emerge' in the usr/lib/portage/bin/ path and it was executable
from here. Now the 'emerge --sync' is running and it seems that I
finally have some time for a beer...

> and create a link like
>
> ln -s /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/arm/2007.0 /etc/make.profile
>
> 2004.3 seams to be broken :-(

OK. I will try this as soon as I'm sync'd.

>> My third problem is that 'emerge' does not work. It is in the /usr/bin
>> folder, but it has 0 (zero) bytes and the attribute 000.
>
> Shit well timo is working with a debian chroot and will come up with it
> in a few days (hope thats ok timo :-))

Well, that's a good thing I'm looking forward to. I know you love your
gentoo, but I personally feel more comfortable with debian. :-)

> The thing im currently cooking will need quite some more time and work
> (till the end of the year).
>
> Did you try the files from nas-2000 so you could only unpack the usr.tgz
> part?

That's another good point to look into.

Thanks and have a good night,

CB