[nas-2000] I'm a pirate

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:36:52 +0200

Hi everybody,

first of all Tom is the man of the day !!!!

Today Tom send me a email and was telling me that
his NAS (not raidsonic) has the same cpu and stuff
as the NAS-1000 / NAS-2000 but his NAS got
an USB-Port!!

There is an unsoldert one on our NAS which
I soldered some time ago but never managed to
make it run.

So I asked him for the link to the firmware

unpacked the Firmware and flashed the Kernel to my nas
and after loading  ohci-hcd.ko module
the usb-port works!!!

That also means that it is possible now to
attach a 2nd harddisk and make a raid-1

The only thing that needs to be changed that tinkys
/etc/rc.start only searches for /dev/{hda,hdb} but the hd
now shows up at /dev/hdd
and some nods needs to be created ...

stay tuned
I'll check the ftp -> lib stuff next :-)