[nas-2000] Re: HDD is not working anymore

  • From: "Remco" <skelter.skelter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:50:59 -0400

strangely enough, it turned out to be the power supply!
I bought an external USB harddisk, which was on sale, so I could take the HDD out and put it in my NAS. I noticed it came with an adaptor similar to the one from my NAS, tried it, and it works! When I connect the old adaptor from my NAS to the USB harddisk, the disk starts and stops spinning every 2 seconds, so there is something wrong with that power adaptor, eventhough it does supply power (I tried with a light and got some light (5v) and brighter light (12v) on different pins!).... strange

anyway, now I have a spare (USB) HDD to mess around with, I have a couple of adaptors so I can power it up... ah the possibilities :)

----- Original Message ----- From: <flipstar@xxxxxxx>