[nas-2000] Re: Dual HDD NAS (SATA) Firmware

  • From: gtx coms <gtxcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:26:49 +0000

Hi Flip,

> We are talking about a "real" SATA device -> there is no PATA to SATA
> adapter or something used right?

Correct, is is a Seagate Barracuda ES SATA 3.0Gb/s 500-GB Hard Drive; model
number ST3500630NS, no adapters.

> > I'm afraid I do not have this information,  as the current firmware does
> > not allow telnet access; if there is any other way please let me know.
>
> A serial cable may help.

I do not know much about this area, is the serial port unsoldered?

> >  > No the Raidsonic FW has a very simple mechanism of starting Twonky.
> >  > Twonky and a howto can be found on the RS website.

I have been searching  for the Raidsonic website, but I'm not sure I know what
to look for; any further info?

Thanks

George

http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx