[nas-2000] Re: Dual HDD NAS (SATA) Firmware

  • From: Rob <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:14:46 +0000

On 07/01/2008, gtx coms <gtxcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Here's a link to the actual device -
> http://svp.co.uk/product/dual_hdd_networked_attached_storage_(sata)_5708

Yep, that's the same as mine.

> 2) I have come across the CentriNAS v233a firmware
> (http://svp.co.uk/helpdesk/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=41),
> which is mentioned in Tom Haukap's blog; this may allow telnet access, but I
> have not yet installed this.

I'm running CentriNAS 2.3.3a from here:

on one box without problem,and with telnet access via the web page
mentioned in the blog above.  (other box is on 2.3.3 )

> 3) I also have the Raidsonic firmware
> (http://www.raidsonic.de/en/pages/service/driver.php),
> suggested as a possibility by Flip; again I have not yet attempted to
> install this, and I am unsure whether it will support two SATA hard disk
> drives.

I've had a poke at a raidsonic firmware package before now, and found
that they do seem to be based on the same core code (the web page
source code, for instance, is very similar.) but like you and for the
same reasons, I've not tried using it.  I use both my boxes all the
time, and don't want to risk breaking one!!

Oh, one other issue should you decide to upgrade - the MRT download
page - http://www.mrt-communication.com/support.htm - states "Note:
Please remove the hard driver [sic] from the NAS enclosure before
firmware upgrading."

Not sure why, but sounds like a good idea to me!!