[nas-2000] Re: Dual HDD NAS (SATA) Firmware

  • From: gtx coms <gtxcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:34:26 +0000

Hello Alex,

Thanks for this, I'll be happy to give it a try!

For your information  (and anyone else who may be interested) the NAS has a
static ip address of 192.168.0.6 at the moment; and my desktop machine is a Mac
running OSX 10.4.11, which has terminal version 1.5 (I only mention this as I
believe there may be an issue involving OpenSSH).

I will give it a go and let you know the outcome soon; once again please assume
I am a beginner, so any basic instructions are much appreciated.

Thanks again

George

From: asure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nas-2000] Re: Dual HDD NAS (SATA) Firmware
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 23:11:45 +0100

Try to telnet to the device as soon as it responds to
ping. I've seen firmwares that add a # to the telnetd line in inetd

after about 30 seconds into the
boot process.. and so they have a telnet gap about 30
seconds  :)

i.e.
1. set a static ip on the Nas, (192.168.1.200 or
similar)
2. Ping -t 192.168.1.200
3. Keep a second comand line running, where you enter
telnet 192.168.1.200, but don't press enter yet.
4. Ping replies come ? Hit enter to telnet it..

If this doesn't work, you need a rs232 cable.
Most linux devices spawn a terminal, then you can use
hyperterminal on windows, plus the cable, to
show us more info :)

- Alex