[nas-2000] Re: Dual HDD NAS (SATA) Firmware

  • From: "flipstar@xxxxxxx" <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:45:02 +0100

Hey George,

gtx coms schrieb:
Hello,

I am currently using a Dual HDD NAS with the most recent firmware version (G5S52233211) and one Seagate 500 GB hard drive installed; as I would like to stream audio & video files, I am considering the Tinky firmware and would appreciate any advice on the following issues -

(i) Although Tinky supports up to two IDE devices, does this include SATA hard disk drives; or will I be losing the option of installing a second hard disk drive in future?

No SATA is not supported!

Do you have Gigabit Ethernet?
If so you may want to check this: http://nas-4220.org
  -> this Box got SATA, Gigabit Ethernet and USB2

(ii) Are there any instructions on how to install TwonkyMedia; a assume I should create an ipkg package from the Linux version, is this correct?

No the Raidsonic FW has a very simple mechanism of starting Twonky.
Twonky and a howto can be found on the RS website.

(iii) Is there any way of creating an ipkg package from a small Windows application?

no

Can you post your /etc/rc file or upload it somewhere?
What is your kernel version (uname -a)?

--
flip