[nas-2000] Dual HDD NAS (SATA) Firmware

  • From: gtx coms <gtxcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:54:39 +0000

I am currently using a Dual HDD NAS with the most recent firmware version
(G5S52233211) and one Seagate 500 GB hard drive installed; as I would like to
stream audio & video files, I am considering the Tinky firmware and would
appreciate any advice on the following issues -

(i) Although Tinky supports up to two IDE devices, does this include SATA hard
disk drives; or will I be losing the option of installing a second hard disk
drive in future?
(ii) Are there any instructions on how to install TwonkyMedia; a assume I
should create an ipkg package from the Linux version, is this correct?
(iii) Is there any way of creating an ipkg package from a small Windows

Please assume I am a beginner, thanks!

Who's friends with who and co-starred in what?