[nas-2000] Debian on HDD.

  • From: Chris Simmons <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:01:16 +0000

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who put together the guide on getting Debian running on the Nas, working lovely now thanks :) I'd tell you the uptime but it says 14271 days but I think that's a bit inaccurate :)

Although at first I had some trouble, I'm pretty sure its down to installing ntp (the ntp daemon as opposed to ntpdate). I was thinking it would be nice to have an NTP server on my lan so what the hell. However, this seems to kill the thing after not very long. Afterwards it refused to boot. I wonder if it fails trying to sync the hardware clock (is there one???) at some random point or on boot.

Has anyone else found this?

Maybe I should add a note in the wiki? I reinstalled it on the HD many times before it dawned on me what was the problem.

Chris Simmons.