[nas-2000] DUAL HDD NAS should be called QUAD HDD NAS

  • From: Tom Haukap <warz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:01:47 +0200

Hi gang,

while the firmware of the NAS-2000 is very simliary to the one of the "DUAL
HDD NAS" the hardware is different. The "DUAL HHD NAS" has two IDE channels.
I was curious if the device maybe can handle 4 drives (master/slave on each

Yes, it can. I did not connected 4 drives because I didn't want to stress
the power supply to much. But a master/slave combination on each channel is
possible and the disks are mounte hda/hdb or hdc/hdd.

What's next? Getting some notebook (2.5") discs and build a RAID 5?

Have fun,