[nas-2000] Re: Cryptoloop problem

  • From: Keke <keke.mailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:06:50 +0200

Hi Flip,

philipp Wehrheim wrote:
Hi keke,

Keke schrieb:

Now I'm playing a little with cryptoloop. Unfortunately I can't get it
playing. I have tried to create an encrypted container file exactly as
described in the HOWTO. Everything seems to be fine (losetup; mke2fs;
mount; ..create some files there..; umount; losetup -d).

the crypto-loop howto is wrong since the loop-aes developer recomment to
use a non journaling filesystem so you should use ext2!!!
Maybe that will help you to solve your problem.

O.K. you are right, the loop-aes README advices to not use a journaled filesystem. But even if I mount the filesystem hosting the container file as ext2 and create an ext2 in the encrypted container, remount always fails if I change something there (creating a file). Remounting of a fresh unchanged encrypted container is always possible. Any idea?

Greetings.
Keke