[nas-2000] Cryptoloop problem

  • From: Keke <keke.mailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:16:55 +0200

Hi Folks,

I've installed tinky-2_3_2-mu-02.2 on my NAS-2000 - great stuff, many
thanks to Flip.

Now I'm playing a little with cryptoloop. Unfortunately I can't get it
playing. I have tried to create an encrypted container file exactly as
described in the HOWTO. Everything seems to be fine (losetup; mke2fs;
mount; ..create some files there..; umount; losetup -d).

But trying to remount fails. I execute losetup with the same
parameters/passphrase as entered before, but mount fails with an
'Invalid argument' error. I guess there is no valid filesystem seen
throughout the loop device anymore. This looks like I'm entered a
different passphrase. But I'm absolutely sure using the right one

Might the cryptoengine be broken in my nas box or is there probably an
issue with losetup? Has anyone an idea?

Btw.: Has anyone tried to create an ext3 filesystem in a large partition
(>300GB). My box always freezes after few minutes (no ssh, http
anymore). Creating ext2 seems to be no problem. Converting an etx2 to
ext3 at a later point (connecting the nas via USB to a linux box)
overcomes this problem, but it's a little bit inconvenient.