[nas-2000] BusyBox 1.5.0 losetup - Is encryption really available ?

  • From: "Friedrich Haussmann" <friedrich.haussmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:34:05 +0100

my name is Friedrich and I am very thankful for your alternative
firmware "tinky". Currently I am using a NAS-2000 system with your
"Tinky 2_3_2-mu-02.2".

I wanted to have an encrypted container / partition on the nas2000, so
after reading the losetup-aes howto I got a little curious and checked
the BusyBox documentation, where it is stated that "Encryption is not
yet supported" (See section "losetup" at

Because of my lacking understanding of the linux system I am very
curious if the actual data on the harddisk - by following the HowTo -
might really be encrypted ?

Thanks in advance,