[nas-2000] Re: Bootloader

  • From: philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:12:09 +0200

just download the update pkg from the link tom
posted here some days ago and unpack the arch

tar -zxvf CentriNAS_v2_3_3a.tar.gz

copy the zImage (Kernel) to your
tftp root.

Now connect to your RebBoot and update the
the Kernel with (Y?).

Booting will take longer since the kernel is probing
for 2 IDE-Channels but our nas only got one so the
kernel gets a timeout after (say ~15 sec).

Ah and the USB-Port will work without loading extra modules

One more thing if you compile a kernel for you Desktop pc
yourself you cannot compile the basic Ip-Tables support
as a module (because at lease the hook for ip-tables need to
be registered while the kernel is compiled). Whats why i think
that you have to find a kernel with compiled in ip-tables support.