[nas-2000] Re: Bootloader

  • From: Julius Loman <lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:50:03 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:30:42PM +0200, flipstar@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> yes I did boot another kernel (and still do)
> what why the USB-Port is working. But you cannot
> simply boot the kernel via PXE tftp etc etc.
how exactly did you boot another kernel ? have you just overwritten the
kernel partition? or is it possible via the bootloder without touching
flash ?

on some websites referencing RedBoot there is always prompt mentioned
and in the RedBoot command prompt you can load the kernel from TFTP (if
i did't get that wrong).

but in nas there is only menu in the bootloader.
> Its just a nice way to write the kernel to flash
> without having to enter all the flash-adresses.
> And Yes again :) I grabbed the bootlog via the serial
> cable you can find some notes -> links on the faq.
> I'll be in germany next week and get some really cheap
> Siemens S25 USB Data Kable and make some pics while
> building a new Kable.
will be very grateful for a howto how to get to the bootlog, or for just
a few lines or hints that would describe what you did.

i'll probably try to build a cable by myself at weekend.
> ah and yes its redboot im not sure but when you telnet
> to the bootloader and press say "^C" maybe you will see
> the banner?!?!
there is no banner but if you look into bootloader data (/dev/mtd0) you
will see RedBoot several times.

[ Julius Loman ][ lomo@xxxxxxxxxxx ][ http://lomo.kyberia.net ][ icq:35732873 ]