[nas-2000] Re: AW: Slow ftp bin transfer problem

  • From: "Alfred Bruckner" <alf_0001@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:28:42 +0100

Hi,
  there seems to be a solution for our problem!
Thank you Sven and stonki!!

You have to add in your proftpd.conf at /system/hddapp/etc/

UseSendfile off

Additional description can be found at:
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/directives/linked/config_ref_UseSendfile.html

Eventually you may add (although it is untested)

AllowStoreRestart on
AllowRetrieveRestart on

Note:
for latest tinky firmware the changes remain after reboot

for Raidsonic firmware changes are lost after reboot
you could edit and stop/start proftpd
/usr/hddapp/etc/proftpd.conf
/usr/hddapp/etc/rc.d/S91proftpd.sh stop
/usr/hddapp/etc/rc.d/S91proftpd.sh start

HWguru