[nas-2000] Re: 2nd harddisk shared for everyone

  • From: Philipp Wehrheim <flipstar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:02:54 +0200

Am Montag, den 15.10.2007, 20:19 -0400 schrieb Remco:
> > Hey,
> >
> > sorry was away over the weekend ...
> >

> > Remco schrieb:
> >> Hi,
> >> I installed a second harddisk "on" my NAS2000, it is automatically begin
> >> shared as /IDE2 with read-only access for everyone. How can I change
> >
> > What do you mean by shared (samba)???
> Yes, I mean Samba :)
> >
> > If so have a look in /usr/hddapp/etc/samba/smb.conf
> >
> > -> vi /usr/hddapp/etc/samba/smb.conf
> I looked in smb.conf, but I don't see any reference to any share. Right now
> I have public (which is /mnt/IDE1/public) and IDE2 (which is /mnt/IDE2). You
> can create more (Samba) shares in the web interface, but /mnt/IDE1 is
> already filled in as the path, so I cannot modify the shared directory on
> IDE2!

A share always starts with

Well if you don't want IDE2 to be shared try to comment the
lines out and restart samba:

/usr/hddapp/etc/rc.d/S<bal>Samba stop / start

The WebGUI got some limitations -> to be sure always check the
config file via console/ssh.

Small note because Im not sure if my awnser helps you.
To find out which hd is mounted on which mpoint.

ether run

cat /proc/mounts

> Any idea where I could look?
> I know this is not a real Tinky/Icybox question, but I'd appreciate the
> help!

As the list is currently not on a high load I guess nobody really
cares ...

have fun