[nas-2000] Re: 2nd harddisk shared for everyone

  • From: "Remco" <skelter.skelter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:19:01 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: <flipstar@xxxxxxx>

To: <nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:13 PM
Subject: [nas-2000] Re: 2nd harddisk shared for everyone

Hey,

sorry was away over the weekend ...

Remco schrieb:
Hi,
I installed a second harddisk "on" my NAS2000, it is automatically begin
shared as /IDE2 with read-only access for everyone. How can I change

What do you mean by shared (samba)???

Yes, I mean Samba :)

If so have a look in /usr/hddapp/etc/samba/smb.conf

-> vi /usr/hddapp/etc/samba/smb.conf
I looked in smb.conf, but I don't see any reference to any share. Right now I have public (which is /mnt/IDE1/public) and IDE2 (which is /mnt/IDE2). You can create more (Samba) shares in the web interface, but /mnt/IDE1 is already filled in as the path, so I cannot modify the shared directory on IDE2!

Any idea where I could look?
I know this is not a real Tinky/Icybox question, but I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Remco

:-)

--