[nanomsg] v0.7-beta released

  • From: "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:40:41 -0700

I’ve tagged and release nanomsg v0.7-beta.

This version fixes a number of earlier outstanding issues, and I feel
confident in saying that it is unconditionally better than any prior
release of nanomsg.

The websocket transport has gotten a bit of attention, and clean up. The
old websocket specific API functions have been removed, and a new websocket
socket option is supplied to specify the message type to use for sending.
Its also got a richer level of testing.

It does *not* address all known issues though.

The inproc transport is still horribly broken — and will remain so until I
find time to work on it — most likely rewriting the transport entirely.
(Unless someone else should beat me to it! :-)

There are still some race conditions that can happen with shutdown/close.
Far fewer of them, but not all issues are resolved yet. We’re slowly
making progress.

Sorry that I’ve not had time to spend on nanomsg much myself lately — I’ve
been spending time working other things for work, and while we do use
nanomsg in some projects, we’ve not been hitting the main pain points that
remain to be resolved.

Thanks to several contributors, who’ve submitted fixes and worked through
the long delays with me to get their issues resolved.