[nanomsg] Re: threading guidelines, and is traditional unix single threaded mode possible?

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:12:17 +0200

On 27/09/13 06:54, Jason E. Aten wrote:

Note that all this presupposes that it is even possible to have all
nanomsg threads check and act on the global "prep-for-fork" flag
regularly. That may be impossible, I don't know.

It should be possible to notify the worker threads in the case of prep-to-fork so that they stop polling and start waiting on the semaphore.

In any case, I would say the whole thing will be extremely painful to implement, test and maintain. If you believe yourself to be pain-resistant enough you are of course welcome to experiment with it.