[nanomsg] benchmarks

  • From: Drew Crawford <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 04:33:20 -0600

Are there any benchmarks published for nanomsg / mangos?

As is sort of an open secret I’m working on a new speed-focused implementation
of some of the SP protocols.  I got the tests passing on the first few pieces
of my architecture today and measured some initial timings.  However I don’t
really have a standard of comparison to know “am I fast yet” and by how much.

I did dig up http://itnewscast.com/servers-storage/early-performance-numbers
<http://itnewscast.com/servers-storage/early-performance-numbers> but that is
old and leaves out some key details (like what is an “op” and what kind of
hardware was used).

However if those are the current order-of-magnitude timings for req/rep on
modern Intel hardware then let’s just say I’m a happy camper...