[nanomsg] assertions in cpp binding

  • From: Immanuel Weber <immanuel.weber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:10:07 +0200

Hi all,

I'm exploring if I can exchange the backend of our system to nanomsg and
started to create a Qt binding on top of the cppbinding. (If I have time, I
will make that available to the public...)
However the assertions, which are thrown whenever an error occurs, are a little
bit annoying.
I mean the errors are being handled and reported to errno, so why assert there?
Could we get rid of them and add functionality to the socket class, to check
for the error which occurred and let the functions just return -1. So that the
user of the api can implement her/his preferred error handling?

Greetings
Immanuel