[nanomsg] Re: accessing control IDs

  • From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 18:23:08 -0700

Nanomsg is stateless from the point of view of the app.  Adding session state
would be inappropriate.  The pipe is almost certainly insufficient by itself
and recognize that it is subject to change as a result of connects or
disconnects in the underlying transport.

The information I would like to make available would allow for actual strong
authentication on those transports that can support it, but admittedly it's
only on receipt and it ties to a specific message so at the abstract level is
still stateless.

Sent from my iPhone