[nanomsg] Re: Status

  • From: Aurélien Vallée <vallee.aurelien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 01:38:56 -0800

I don't really get the point of why nanomsg keeps track of a package
version. That sounds good theoretically, but in practice it seems to me
like a useless layer of mentally mapping package version -> soversion when
dealing with library files.

Why don't we just keep the autotools version for the project?

And on a side note, if we stick to having a package version, that would be
nice to bump to 1.x.
Labels like "0.3-beta" tend to trick users into thinking this is some kind
of unstable toy library, which is not really the case. The library works
well for its defined set of features, there is no major flow, so no need to
play small in that numbering.

--
Aurélien Vallée
Phone +33 9 77 19 85 61