[nanomsg] Proper usage of bus protocol and endpoint names

  • From: Martin Pietryka <martin.pietryka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:48:51 +0100

Hi guys,

upon experimenting with nanomsg and the bus protocol I managed to get it to work how I need it, but I'm not sure if this is 100% right and without any side effects.

I have a master which does a bind and regularly sends out data. This master also calls receive, so clients are able to send some data back.
The clients call bind and connect to the master, most of the time they only receive data but sometimes they also send data back to the master.

I assume this is right but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I assume that the client endpoint names for bind have to be unique, so in my case I would probably need to generate them randomly, or is there already something in place for that?