[nanomsg] Re: Persisted reliable messaging

  • From: Jörg Singler <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:33:43 +0100

Hi Paul,

my intention was exactly to work on this topic and making some tests for
various options and whether one benefits of doing compression or not. My
first iteration was more focused on the basics meaning keeping track of the
offset of the processed and the new messages. I used the following stacking
of patterns: Pub -> SUB (filtering on topics) -> Files -> req -> reply
(sending aknowledge only) -> PUSH --> PULL (distributing work to multiple
workers). Do you think the stacking should/can be optimized? I will keep
you updated...

Best, Joerg