[nanomsg] Nanomsg on lightweight platforms

  • From: Charles McParland <cpmcparland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 07:56:27 -0700

I've been following nanomsg for a few months and finally have a
project that it would fit into nicely. Unfortunately, one side of
the comm. link is a very lightweight platform running freeRTOS.
It has a good WiFi stack and a reasonable amount of memory - for
a small part. But, it can't support linux.

So, I don't have pthreads or BSD sockets. I don't need all
the comm. models, but it would be great to have one or two of
the models common across sensor platforms and higher
archive/analysis nodes.

Has anyone looked into nanomsg on embedded systems?
Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck