[nanomsg] Re: Nameservice prototype

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:26:48 +0200

Hi Paul,

So I basically create very dirty prototype. It's here:

https://github.com/tailhook/nanomsg/tree/name_service

I've checked it. It's cheap and nasty, exactly as needed for experimentation :)

*First impression*: We need also send socket type for the request, so
that it's easier to distinguish between endpoints of REQ and REP on the
same host (and potentially in the same process).

Yes. Exactly.

Topology and socket type are the most important pieces of a request (at least for the sockets on the edge of the topology). The rest, I believe, is just some kind of [geo]spatial data.

*What's next*: I'm trying to build name service based on graphviz-like
graph. E.g.
being A , B and C nodes, I might configure B to be a device by writing
the following graph (simplified):

A -> B -> C

You mean you query the configaration server and create a graph based on that?

It would be nice, if someone try to do a mapping of names to NAPTR
records. Just simple synchronous python/ruby/node.js/... script would do.