[nanomsg] Re: Moving forward

  • From: Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 22:38:16 +0100

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a) Martin suddenly renews his interest and activity in the project, and
> reasserts control and leadership.
>
> b) The community (working with Martin’s consent), appoints some additional
> leadership, who can be called upon to provide technical leadership to keep
> the project moving forward.  (Indeed, I think this is similar to what
> happened with ØMQ.)
>
> c)  A new fork is started from nanomsg.

I'd like to see (b) happen, where we start by adding you as an
additional maintainer for the current nanomsg project (though that
would be quite different from how I experienced what happened with
0MQ). If that somehow doesn't happen, I'd certainly consider using
your fork for any future projects where I need something nanomsg-like.

Cheers,

Dirkjan