[nanomsg] Re: MIT Licensing

  • From: "John D. Mitchell" <jdmitchell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 13:22:13 -0700

Yeah, I'm also unclear if Martin means the "-s" (aka "signoff") or the "-S"
(sign) feature or both?

Check out: http://mikegerwitz.com/papers/git-horror-story
for some discussion about these issues around trust.

From a legal standpoint, signoffs mean next to nothing since they too are
spoofable (just like you can impersonate anybody in a commit message).

If people really care about provenance then, IMHO, we need:
* Signed contributor agreements
* Signed commits

IANAL but I've gone through a fair number of audits (from both sides of the
table).

Hope this helps,
John