[nanomsg] Loadbalancer with async backend

  • From: Stefan de Konink <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:37:31 +0100 (CET)

On the IRC logs I already found some discussion regarding the router-dealer pattern. Martin points out that it is TCP over ZMQ defeating the purpose, and it is suggested that using RAW sockets you could do something similar.

I am looking for a way to have a synchronised req/rep to a broker, and a series workers that could handle requests. The fundamental problem with this method is that I can't track the request at the frontend to guarantee that the reply arrives at the right socket.

To give more background on the problem. The frontend receives a journey planning request. It is offloaded to one of the journey planners attached to the backend.

Is there any example on a Router/Dealer alternative within nanomsg? For example using the RAW sockets?

Stefan