[nanomsg] Re: Interception hooks for testing.

  • From: Sriram Srinivasan <sriram@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 19:05:02 +0530

> No there isn't. And I don't believe it belongs here. There are
> iptables, tc (traffic control) and other tools that do that job good
> enough.
>
> I disagree.  The code could be conditionally included into DEBUG builds only
> and would allow nanomsg to be uniformly tested on all platforms without
> requiring outside utility that may not be available on some platforms.  I
> believe this level of defiend and supported by the project is a requirement
> for an open source project to be truly successful.

I'd say that it be available even in the non-DEBUG builds, because one would
want to replicate a production problem as well. I'll attempt a stab at a
portable interception solution since it doesn't seem to be there already. The
biggest criterion is that one shouldn't pay a cost for it if it is not being
used.

--sriram.