[nanomsg] Re: I'm worried about sustrik.

  • From: Laurent Alebarde <l.alebarde@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 11:46:33 +0100

My advice is that people involved in the development add more details in the documentation and also some design documents, to help the project continue even if Martin is less available. That would significantly help in having more contributors and also more users. Candidates for the use of any library need visibility, confidence and quick return on invest for the time they spend.

Even if nanomsg benefit from the huge experience of Martin and better code, it is still a huge effort to get in as a contributor. I have discussed here the possibility to add some statefull functionalities to finally give up because of the lack of information I could get, and no clear point on what the library can do or not.

Without such a documentation level, an alternative would have been to have an easy portage of applications between 0MQ and nanomsg. Just a sed and go. Then every design and code valid with 0MQ would be valid with nanomsg. But nanomsg is a new design, not only a rewrite, so it needs design documents to get more audience.

My 2 cts.

Cheers,

Laurent

Le 20/01/2014 10:36, Michael a écrit :
Good for him if he did. God forbid where else might he be?

crocket <crockabiscuit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sustrik hasn't been active for a while.
I heard a news that he got a job.
I guess the job requires long workhours.

I hope to see him active soon.