[nanomsg] Re: Getting rid of nn_init() and nn_term()

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 10:11:32 +0100

On 05/02/13 09:10, David Nyström wrote:

In my usecase(Process threads spread out over cores), I would see global
state within a process as a definite problem. Where cache-line bouncing
of global state data-structures would become a very problematic
artefact, if accessed "under the hood" when creating and/or destroying a
socket.

Does that apply even in the case where global structures are almost never changing? Then the relevant chachelines are loaded in individual CPU caches and that's in, no?